[GE users] h_vmem as consumable and stack size

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Mar 3 10:54:29 GMT 2009

Hi Sabine,

Am 03.03.2009 um 10:12 schrieb s_kreidl:

> Ok, thanks Reuti.
>
> Is there a special reason, why you set the stack and data size
> limits in conjunction with the virtual memory size?
> And do you plan on leaving the procedure like that in later
> versions of the SGE?

I don't have more insights about it than the comments in the source:

    /*
     * s_vmem > h_vmem
     * data segment limit > vmem limit
     * stack segment limit > vmem limit
     * causes problems that are difficult to find
     * we try to prevent these problems silently
     */

And hence the limit is for h_data and h_stack is set in addition to
h_vmem. This ist still the actual behavior in the latest CVS.

-- Reuti