[GE users] SGE 6.2 not scheduling

adary adary at marvell.com
Tue Mar 3 13:36:04 GMT 2009

Confirmed:

02/19/2009 17:11:05| timer|gravity302|E|got max. unheard timeout for target "execd" on host "lnx111.il.marvell.com", can't deliver job "4605135"
02/20/2009 10:26:39|event_|gravity302|E|acknowledge timeout after 600 seconds for event client (schedd:0) on host "gravity302"

On Friday, Feb 20th we had the network shutdown on the site. I guess I should have thought about dev environment :)

As described in wiki step by step. I exported the configuration, and imported it to 6.2 more or less.

Part of the difference is separate ports ofcourse, and different installation path plus what I mentioned.

In any case I think I know what was the possible problem. I completely forgot that we had a network shutdown on the site, and I did shutdown SGE 6.1, but I left 6.2 up. Our bdb is on nfs4 share that wasn?t accessible.
Most likely this messed it up.

Cheers,

Y.