[GE users] multivalue complexes?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Mar 3 17:37:48 GMT 2009

Am 03.03.2009 um 17:57 schrieb udowaechter:

> Hi,
>
> On 02.03.2009, at 15:32, reuti wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 02.03.2009 um 15:19 schrieb udowaechter:
>>
>>> Hello again.
>>>
>>> I would like to define a comple value "hassoftware" which should
>>> have
>>> more than one value on a given execution host
>>>
>>> GridEngine is 6.2u1 (Linux and Darwin)
>>>
>>> I now have:
>>>
>>> $ qconf -sc |grep hassoftware
>>> hassoftware hs RESTRING    ==    YES         NO         NONE     0
>>>
>>> and on the execution hosts:
>>>
>>> $qconf -se thalia
>>> [...]
>>> complex_values        operatingsystem=ubuntu,hassoftware=rsync, \
>>>                       hassoftware=mencoder,hassoftware=java
>>> [...]
>>
>> yes, there is only one value per entry. But maybe you can combine
>> them with a uniqe delimiter. Means:
>>
>> hassoftware=-rsync-mencoder-java-
>>
>> and request then in qsub -l hassoftware="*-mencoder-*"
>>
> hmmm, this complicates my configuration of these complexes a little
> bit.
>
>> The "-" around each entry avoids that an entry is a substring of
>> another entry (don't use "-" for entries of course).
>
> What do you mean by "not use "-" for entries of course"?
> Should the values not have dashes or should the complexes names not
> have dashes?

Hi,

the values shouldn't have dashes, as I used them as a delimiter. You
could use any other character you like as a delimiter of course,
except the one used by SGE for the regular expressions. It was to
avoid that you code something like-mencoder-03-mencoder-09- because
then you could serach just for -l hassoftware="*-03-*" which is
useless. And maybe you have another application in version 03.

But setting just a complex as BOOL isn't such a big deal. You could
then just set these boolean complexes to true on the nodes and
request: "-l mcoder" If you leave the value out for boolean complex
requests, TRUE is assumed

-- Reuti