[GE users] Do anyone use gridengine without NFS?

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 22:41:48 GMT 2009

You don't really need NFS to run SGE (see:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/nfsreduce.html ).

However, SGE does not copy applications from one machine to another,
and it also does not handle moving STDOUT /STDERR files from the
execution hosts back to the submission hosts. You can, however, set up
file-staging to get those functionality:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/filestaging/

Rayson