[GE users] Grid engine without shared filesystem

magawake magawake at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 02:03:12 GMT 2009

I am trying to deploy Sun Grid Engine 6.1U6 without using NFS.

I got the qmaster installed perfectly on /usr/local/sge

I got its spool installed in /usr/local/sge/default/spool

tar the spool directory

Now, for the execd this is the tricky part.
On the execution host I did  mkdir -p $SGE_ROOT/default/spool and I untarted my qmaster's spool directory since it will look for it.

Once I did that, I ran the install_execd script and everthing went well. But when I try to start up execd it takes a very long time and fails (without any error messages).

Does anyone have a good doc to implement SGE without a shared filesystem?

TIA