[GE users] Do anyone use gridengine without NFS?

beatrubi beat at 0x1b.ch
Wed Mar 4 09:52:29 GMT 2009

Hello!

Am 03.03.09 23:41 schrieb "rayson" unter <rayrayson at gmail.com>:

> However, SGE does not copy applications from one machine to another,
> and it also does not handle moving STDOUT /STDERR files from the
> execution hosts back to the submission hosts. You can, however, set up
> file-staging to get those functionality:

It's a bit difficult to get rid of a shared directory. The prolog and epilog
scripts are writing to the stdout and stderr files so the working directory
must allready exist. Even more you are not able to copy any logs as the
prolog script still uses the output file for it's own output.

I have a similar problem at a customer. I plan to go the way to keep NFS for
the home directories and put the logfiles there. The processing itself
happens on a local scratch directory which is prepared by the prolog script
and cleaned up by the epilog script.

Beat

--
     \|/                           Beat Rubischon <beat at 0x1b.ch>