[GE users] Jobs in wrong queues

udowaechter udo.waechter at uni-osnabrueck.de
Wed Mar 4 14:46:15 GMT 2009

On 03/04/2009 11:54 AM, reuti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 04.03.2009 um 10:51 schrieb udowaechter:
>> Oh, I forgot to say, that users do a "newgrp GE-users" before the
>> do a qsub.
>>
>> If they don't, their jobs hang with "has nor permission to run in any
>> queue" or so which is what we want.
>
> can you check the used group? It's recorded in the accounting file,
> i.e. "qacct -j ..."

Yes, I did check the group:
Currently I have an array-job running, that also runs in the wrong queue.

The group,department of this job is properly set to "GE-users"
Nevertheless, some tasks run on the proper queue, some run on the queue
that no job should run on.

This is really strange.

What can I do to debug this further?

Thanks,