[GE users] Do anyone use gridengine without NFS?

prentice prentice at ias.edu
Wed Mar 4 15:52:23 GMT 2009

Do you need to eliminate NFS completely, or just for SGE? If the
location of the job binaries is shared (shared /usr/local or in a users
home directory which may also be shared, for example), and the users
home directories are also shared across the cluster, then you don't need
to worry about moving STDOUT/STDERR if the users use the -cwd switch.

If you are trying to eliminate NFS completely, then you will have to
look into file-staging as Rayson points out.

--
Prentice