[GE users] initialize environment failure

valentin valentin.ruano at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 12:54:48 GMT 2009

everything was going fine with the 6.2u1 queue I recently installed but all in a sudden I cannot submit successfully any more jobs. Regardless of the commands in the script and error appears  saying:

Unable to initialize environment because of error: range_list containes no elements
Exiting.

I'm using  qsub -sync y in order to wait for the job to complete. If I do a regular sync free submition, it gets sent to the queue but it is in fact never executed; no <name>.[oe]ID files are produced.

I tried to google the error message but I had no luck, does any body know what would be the problem or has encountered it before?

thanks in advance.

V.