[GE dev] Announcing Sun Grid Engine 6.2 Update 2 feature update release

brooks brooks at aero.org
Thu Mar 5 15:53:13 GMT 2009

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 04:36:32PM +0100, andy wrote:
> Brooks,
>
> you are right - my message could be misread by the innocent reader. Its
> FreeBSD origin certainly could have been mentioned.

Would you mind adding something like "Jason Evans developed jemalloc for
use in FreeBSD where it was included in the 7.0 release" to the web
version of the release announcement.  Jason definitely deserves credit.

> We used the code from the Mozilla project since it was ported to Linux.
>
> There were strange issues with the library on older Linux systems: since we
> uses the oldest supported system for compiling the Grid Engine binaries we
> ran into issues with the 32-bit binaries. That's the reason why the 32-bit
> Linux binaries do no use jemalloc.

Odd, have you tried contacting Jason about this?  He's busy, but
generally pretty responsive.

-- Brooks