[GE users] Jobs in wrong queues

udowaechter udo.waechter at uni-osnabrueck.de
Fri Mar 6 11:47:12 GMT 2009

Hi,
On 06.03.2009, at 12:13, reuti wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am 06.03.2009 um 11:29 schrieb udowaechter:
[...]
>> The 2 interesting queues are nkg and ikw, where either members of
>> group nkg or of group GE-users can run jobs.
>>
>> All exec hosts are members of the default queue. The 2 queues ikw and
>> nkg are disjunct sets of the default queue.
>>
>> As I understood it, GE decides on its own where the job runs,
>> depending on the user's primary group.
>> So, if I do "newgrp GE-users" and then run a job without requesting a
>> queue, it should run in the ikw queue.
>
> it can also run in the "test" queue. Only members of the group ikw
> are forbidden to run there - the same ones as in the "ikw" queue.
>
>> If I do "newgrp nkg" it should
>> run in the nkg queue.
>
> It can also goto the "default" queue, only "ikw" is forbidden to run
> there.

Ah, so this means that I need to put as xusers_list in

- ikw,GE-Users,nkg explicitly in default, and
- ikw,GE-Users in nkg
- ikw,nkg in the ikw queue

Now that you say it, it totally makes sense.

Thanks,
udo.

--
---[ Institute of Cognitive Science @ University of Osnabrueck
---[ Albrechtstrasse 28, D-49076 Osnabrueck, 969-3362