[GE users] Jobs in wrong queues

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Mar 6 11:56:56 GMT 2009

Hiho,

Am 06.03.2009 um 12:47 schrieb udowaechter:

> Hi,
> On 06.03.2009, at 12:13, reuti wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Am 06.03.2009 um 11:29 schrieb udowaechter:
> [...]
>>

>>> The 2 interesting queues are nkg and ikw, where either members of
>>> group nkg or of group GE-users can run jobs.
>>>
>>> All exec hosts are members of the default queue. The 2 queues ikw
>>> and
>>> nkg are disjunct sets of the default queue.
>>>
>>> As I understood it, GE decides on its own where the job runs,
>>> depending on the user's primary group.
>>> So, if I do "newgrp GE-users" and then run a job without
>>> requesting a
>>> queue, it should run in the ikw queue.
>>
>> it can also run in the "test" queue. Only members of the group ikw
>> are forbidden to run there - the same ones as in the "ikw" queue.
>>
>>> If I do "newgrp nkg" it should
>>> run in the nkg queue.
>>
>> It can also goto the "default" queue, only "ikw" is forbidden to run
>> there.
>>

> Ah, so this means that I need to put as xusers_list in
>
> - ikw,GE-Users,nkg explicitly in default, and
> - ikw,GE-Users in nkg
> - ikw,nkg in the ikw queue

yes, please also have a look at the section "user_lists" and
"xuser_lists" in `man queue_conf`about the behavior of SGE, when
someone is contained in one or both lists though. Maybe this could
ease the setup if you supply only "user_lists", as others then are
forbidden by default; instead of leaving "user_lists" to NONE and
supply all the forbidden ones.

-- Reuti