[GE users] Running qmaster and execd on Same Host?

jlforrest jlforrest at berkeley.edu
Fri Mar 6 18:55:05 GMT 2009

I'm working on installing SGE 6.2u1 on a bunch
of high end Mac Pros running OS X 10.5.6.
I'm using the "courtesy binaries" from
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/downloads/latest.html .

I've got qmaster running on the machine that's
also the Open Directory server. This is a dual
quad-core machine with 6GB of RAM so it still
has lots of umph left over so I tried
to install execd on it. Unfortunately the
install fails with the following error
message:

Specified cluster name >$SGE_CLUSTER_NAME=jones-cluster< resulted in the following conflict!
Detected a presence of old RC scripts.
/Library/StartupItems/SGE.jones-cluster/SGE

Stop the installation (WARNING: selecting 'n' will remove the detected cluster) (y/n) [y] >>

Is there a way to run qmaster and execd on the same host?

Cordially,
--
Jon Forrest
Research Computing Support