[GE users] suspend/resume rsh/qrsh parallel task with SGE

fboucher Florent.Boucher at cnrs-imn.fr
Mon Mar 9 09:46:08 GMT 2009

Dear SGE users,
I would like to be able to suspend parallel task that are not based on
MPI communications.
The main script, that runs on the master, start child processes using
rsh (or ssh) on different nodes. All those tasks are independent and can
be done in parallel (no communications between them). However, one need
to finish all of them before continuing the whole job.
I would like to be able to suspend all the job (as one can do with
mpitask). At the moment, the SIGTSTP or SIGSTOP signal that is send
using qmod -sj. However, the child processes generated by the master
script completely ignore this SIGNAL (it is not trap by rsh/qrsh nor ssh).
Does a way exist to send directly this SIGTSTP signal to all the child
process created by the master script (or to trap it with the rsh/ssh
command) ?
Regards
Florent

| Florent BOUCHER                    |                                    |
| Institut des Matériaux Jean Rouxel | Mailto:Florent.Boucher at cnrs-imn.fr |
| 2, rue de la Houssini?re           | Phone: (33) 2 40 37 39 24          |
| BP 32229                           | Fax:   (33) 2 40 37 39 95          |
| 44322 NANTES CEDEX 3 (FRANCE)      | http://www.cnrs-imn.fr             |