[GE users] suspend parallel job that use rsh

fboucher Florent.Boucher at cnrs-imn.fr
Mon Mar 9 11:37:13 GMT 2009

Dear GE users,
I have to manage parallel job the use rsh/ssh to distribute parallel task.
The main script, that run on master, knows the hosts on which it can
send the different tasks and then submit them using rsh (or ssh) commands.
I would like to be able to suspend such parallel tasks but could not
find the way using GE command as the suspend/resume signal is not seen
by the child processes.
Does a way exist to send a suspend signal to all the process generated
by the main script ?
I had a look on the archive but could not find the solution.

Thank you for an idea.
Regards
Florent

| Florent BOUCHER                    |                                    |
| Institut des Matériaux Jean Rouxel | Mailto:Florent.Boucher at cnrs-imn.fr |
| 2, rue de la Houssini?re           | Phone: (33) 2 40 37 39 24          |
| BP 32229                           | Fax:   (33) 2 40 37 39 95          |
| 44322 NANTES CEDEX 3 (FRANCE)      | http://www.cnrs-imn.fr             |