[GE users] automatic custom complex resource request

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Mar 9 12:14:28 GMT 2009

Hi,

Am 08.03.2009 um 05:12 schrieb ddavies:

> I need to apply a complex resource request for a resource I've
> added in the complex configuration for vcs licenses automatically
> based on the queue the user submits.
>
> For example, if user submits to queue "vcs" then job will
> automatically get: "-l vl=1".
> I've tried JSV with 6_2u2 and it seems JSV won't add a custom
> variable.

I'll check this. But anyway: what about doing it the other way round:
instead of selecting a queue the user selects "-l vl=1" and this
complex is only bound to the "vcs" queue. Then SGE can select the
queue to get this resource.

> I also tried starter script and haven't found how to do it. Any
> help would be appreciated.

The starter method would intercept too late, as the job was already
scheduled then.