[GE users] maya signal 11

bwillems b-willems at northwestern.edu
Mon Mar 9 13:06:11 GMT 2009

Hi Reuti,

thanks! Setting h_stack does not solve the problem though. This is the output from "qconf -sc":

#name               shortcut   type        relop requestable consumable default  urgency
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
arch                a          RESTRING    ==    YES         NO         NONE     0
calendar            c          RESTRING    ==    YES         NO         NONE     0
cpu                 cpu        DOUBLE      >=    YES         NO         0        0
display_win_gui     dwg        BOOL        ==    YES         NO         0        0
h_core              h_core     MEMORY      <=    YES         NO         0        0
h_cpu               h_cpu      TIME        <=    YES         NO         0:0:0    -1000
h_data              h_data     MEMORY      <=    YES         NO         0        0
h_fsize             h_fsize    MEMORY      <=    YES         NO         0        0
h_rss               h_rss      MEMORY      <=    YES         NO         0        0
h_rt                h_rt       TIME        <=    YES         NO         0:0:0    0
h_stack             h_stack    MEMORY      <=    YES         YES        32M      0
h_vmem              h_vmem     MEMORY      <=    YES         YES        1G       0
hostname            h          HOST        ==    YES         NO         NONE     0
load_avg            la         DOUBLE      >=    NO          NO         0        0
load_long           ll         DOUBLE      >=    NO          NO         0        0
load_medium         lm         DOUBLE      >=    NO          NO         0        0
load_short          ls         DOUBLE      >=    NO          NO         0        0
mem_free            mf         MEMORY      <=    YES         NO         0        0
mem_total           mt         MEMORY      <=    YES         NO         0        0
mem_used            mu         MEMORY      >=    YES         NO         0        0
min_cpu_interval    mci        TIME        <=    NO          NO         0:0:0    0
np_load_avg         nla        DOUBLE      >=    NO          NO         0        0
np_load_long        nll        DOUBLE      >=    NO          NO         0        0
np_load_medium      nlm        DOUBLE      >=    NO          NO         0        0
np_load_short       nls        DOUBLE      >=    NO          NO         0        0
num_proc            p          INT         ==    YES         NO         0        0
qname               q          RESTRING    ==    YES         NO         NONE     0
rerun               re         BOOL        ==    NO          NO         0        0
s_core              s_core     MEMORY      <=    YES         NO         0        0
s_cpu               s_cpu      TIME        <=    YES         NO         0:0:0    0
s_data              s_data     MEMORY      <=    YES         NO         0        0
s_fsize             s_fsize    MEMORY      <=    YES         NO         0        0
s_rss               s_rss      MEMORY      <=    YES         NO         0        0
s_rt                s_rt       TIME        <=    YES         NO         0:0:0    0
s_stack             s_stack    MEMORY      <=    YES         NO         0        0
s_vmem              s_vmem     MEMORY      <=    YES         NO         0        0
seq_no              seq        INT         ==    NO          NO         0        0
slots               s          INT         <=    YES         YES        1        1000
swap_free           sf         MEMORY      <=    YES         NO         0        0
swap_rate           sr         MEMORY      >=    YES         NO         0        0
swap_rsvd           srsv       MEMORY      >=    YES         NO         0        0
swap_total          st         MEMORY      <=    YES         NO         0        0
swap_used           su         MEMORY      >=    YES         NO         0        0
tmpdir              tmp        RESTRING    ==    NO          NO         NONE     0
virtual_free        vf         MEMORY      <=    YES         YES        1G       0
virtual_total       vt         MEMORY      <=    YES         NO         0        0
virtual_used        vu         MEMORY      >=    YES         NO         0        0
# >#< starts a comment but comments are not saved across edits --------

And the qacct output for the failed job is

qname        gpu.q
hostname     compute-0-86.local
group        bart
owner        bart
project      GPU
department   defaultdepartment
jobname      bart.sh
jobnumber    74549
taskid       undefined
account      sge
priority     0
qsub_time    Mon Mar  9 07:53:51 2009
start_time   Mon Mar  9 07:53:53 2009
end_time     Mon Mar  9 07:54:03 2009
granted_pe   NONE
slots        1
failed       0
exit_status  1
ru_wallclock 10
ru_utime     8.912
ru_stime     0.680
ru_maxrss    0
ru_ixrss     0
ru_ismrss    0
ru_idrss     0
ru_isrss     0
ru_minflt    59969
ru_majflt    0
ru_nswap     0
ru_inblock   16
ru_oublock   7968
ru_msgsnd    0
ru_msgrcv    0
ru_nsignals  0
ru_nvcsw     1641
ru_nivcsw    297
cpu          9.592
mem          3.980
io           0.000
iow          0.000
maxvmem      861.945M
arid         undefined

Is there anything else you can suggest to debug/fix the problem besides compiling a custom shepherd binary?

Thanks,
Bart