[GE users] automatic custom complex resource request

ddavies ddavies at plxtech.com
Mon Mar 9 16:32:58 GMT 2009

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. I'd rather not do it the other way around because:
1) If it is necessary to require users to add "-l vl=1" then I'd need a way to prevent access to a vcs license when user forgets to add "-l vl=1" but then uses a vcs license. The only (ugly) way I can think of is mess up their $VCS_HOME variable in a starter method so vcs won't run?

2) It's desirable that users not need to know and remember to add this. We have 6 "vcs" queues that everyone knows/uses for various requirements and priorities and more switches are undesirable.

Thanks for any further advice.
Dave Davies