[GE users] automatic custom complex resource request

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Mar 9 17:02:29 GMT 2009

Hi,

Am 09.03.2009 um 17:24 schrieb kdoman:

> Reuti - Would you elaborate your "-l vl=1" further? I think I need
> something like this for my older clusters without RQS

$ qconf -sq urgent.q
complex_values urgent=100

The real amount wouldn't matter, as it's limited by the slot count.
When it's just to route jobs a special queue, it would be even easier
to define the complex as "BOOL" and "FORCED".

Then attach it only to the urgent.q:

$ qconf -sq urgent.q
complex_values urgent=TRUE

As the assumed default is "true" for "BOOL" in qsub, you can submit
jobs with:

$ qsub -l urgent myjob.sh

and it will only go to the urgent.q, and other jobs can't end up
there, as it's a forced complex.

-- Reuti