[GE users] automatic custom complex resource request

ddavies ddavies at plxtech.com
Mon Mar 9 17:59:03 GMT 2009

Regarding the use of a starter_method to exit without executing the
program upon discovering they didn't request a license:
I've dumped all the environment variables in a starter method and there is nothing that indicates the presence of "-l vl=1" when it is provided, so I'm not clear how a starter method can detect the absence of "-l vl=1".

>Anyway: how will you distinguish between normal jobs and vcs jobs? I
think something the user must add for sure.

We have a non_vcs queue for non-vcs jobs.

To summarize, if someone submits to the non_vcs queue I need to prevent the use of vcs and not apply "-l vl=1".
If someone submits to one of the 6 vcs queues I need to automatically add "-l vl=1".