[GE users] mpich2 tight integration not working

kennethsdsc kenneth at sdsc.edu
Mon Mar 9 18:39:16 GMT 2009

I also am playing with tight mpich2_mpd integration with sge 62u2.
I'm not sure if my problem is related to yours.  I found some
mismatches in the start scripts and what SGE is setting.  I was able to
get the mpihello.c to work, by modifying start and stop scripts.

It looks like SGE is not setting TASK_ID in the environment,
but is setting SGE_TASK_ID, so I modified startmpich2.sh:

#export MPD_CON_EXT="sge_$JOB_ID.$TASK_ID"
export MPD_CON_EXT="sge_$JOB_ID.$SGE_TASK_ID"

I also had to give stopmpich2.sh the full path to mpdallexit:
#mpdallexit
/usr/local/apps/sge/mpich2/install/bin/mpdallexit

Kenneth