[GE users] mpich2 tight integration not working

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Mar 9 19:00:56 GMT 2009

Hi,

Am 09.03.2009 um 19:39 schrieb kennethsdsc:

> I also am playing with tight mpich2_mpd integration with sge 62u2.
> I'm not sure if my problem is related to yours.  I found some
> mismatches in the start scripts and what SGE is setting.  I was
> able to
> get the mpihello.c to work, by modifying start and stop scripts.
>
> It looks like SGE is not setting TASK_ID in the environment,
> but is setting SGE_TASK_ID, so I modified startmpich2.sh:
>
> #export MPD_CON_EXT="sge_$JOB_ID.$TASK_ID"
> export MPD_CON_EXT="sge_$JOB_ID.$SGE_TASK_ID"

you are right, I will update the scripts - thx. Nevertheless it
should only concern when you submit MPI array tasks. The wrong
variable will just be expanded as empty right now.

The PATH is set in the script itself. Do you set the path to your
MPICH2 installation as first argument to the stop_proc_args defined
procedure in your PE configuration?

-- Reuti