[GE users] automatic custom complex resource request

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Mar 9 23:51:35 GMT 2009

Hi,

Am 10.03.2009 um 00:11 schrieb ddavies:

> I hope there isn't confusion in this thread after someone stuck
> their question in the middle of this thread about urgent.q.

ohoh :-O

> To clarify, the outstanding questions are:
> 1) Is there a way to make JSV work with custom variables so the JSV
> will add "-l vl=1" when user submits to one of six "vcs-specific"
> queues.

I don't have the 6.2u2 for now, but according to the spec it should:

 > - Add required resource requests that users don't now are
 > mandatory.

(from http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?
dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=74436) If it's not possible, it's an issue.
Maybe the other way round could work: define in the complex that the
complex isn't requestable, but has a default consumption of 1. Then
set this to 0 in the JSV if it's a non-vcs job - maybe changing will
work.

> 2) If answer to #1 is no, then how can starter script detect the
> absence or presence of "-l vl=1" so that if they submit to one of
> the six "vcs-specific" queues without "-l vl=1" I can exit. And if
> they submit to the non_vcs queue WITH "-l vl=1" I can also exit.

You could make every exechost also a submit host and issue "qstat -j
$JOB_ID" in the prolog and grep for the resource request.

-- Reuti