[GE users] How to schedule a job to a specific node based on the group?

abercromby basingwerk at talk21.com
Tue Mar 10 09:00:40 GMT 2009

I have a scheduling/reservation problem which I'm sure is easy to solve, but I'm new at this.

I have a set of execution hosts, each sharing a single NFS share that holds their application software. I want the NFS mount to be read only, for performance reasons. But I also need to install application software, so one of them must be able to read/write to the share.

I can set that up, but my question relates to job routing. I want jobs being submitted from a certain Unix group to go to the special execution host with read/write access to the share.

I've read up on complexes and load sensors and things like that, but I can't find a way to schedule a job to a specific node based on the group of the user making the submission.

Does anyone have an answer to this problem. Thanks in advance for your help,

Steve