[GE users] accounting / fair share 'bypass'?

kdoman kdoman07 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 22:42:36 GMT 2009

Hello list -
Is it possible for users to send jobs to cluster via some queue that
sort of "by passes" the accounting file? At first, I thought it's
comical for such a request, but thought it would be useful for my
case.

I enabled fair share on the clusters and it worked out very well thus
far. But my clusters would be 100% with thousands of jobs waiting and
other days with no jobs running. No one wants to submit jobs to the
low priority queue because of the potential delay. But - they would be
happy if they can submit their jobs to the lower priority queue and
willing to wait for them IF their completed jobs do not count in the
fair share system. A user will be happy if he uses the low priority
queue all the time and when it's time for him to run high priority
jobs, his submitted jobs can get to the top of the 'qw' list because
of the fair share system.

Is something like this remotely possible?

K.