[GE users] problem with spool setup in master host installation

tamara sgesystem at live.com
Wed Mar 11 13:20:20 GMT 2009

hi,

i formatted my master and install opensuse11.1 and trying to install sge 6.2u2
but when i reach this step:

Setup spooling
--------------
Your SGE binaries are compiled to link the spooling libraries
during runtime (dynamically). So you can choose between Berkeley DB
spooling and Classic spooling method.
Please choose a spooling method (berkeleydb|classic) [berkeleydb] >> classic

the output is this:

Dumping bootstrapping information
Initializing spooling database
error: error opening shared lib "libspoolc.so": libspoolc.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
error: error creating a "classic" spooling context
critical error: cannot create spooling context

Command failed: ./utilbin/lx24-amd64/spoolinit classic libspoolc /opt/sge/default/common;/opt/sge/default/spool/qmaster init

Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
Check read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.

and it gets me out of the installation

what's wrong this is never happened to me before?

regards,
tamara