[GE users] How to schedule a job to a specific node based on the group?

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Mar 11 13:40:48 GMT 2009

abercromby <basingwerk at talk21.com> writes:

> I can set that up, but my question relates to job routing. I want jobs
> being submitted from a certain Unix group to go to the special
> execution host with read/write access to the share.

I don't understand the bit about NFS, but it sounds as though you just
want to put a suitable user list on the node.  E.g. this one has
problems, so it's restricted to the `testing' group:

  # EDITOR=cat qconf -me lvinfi074
  hostname              lvinfi074.nw-grid.ac.uk
  load_scaling          NONE
  complex_values        slots=4,barcelona=FALSE
  user_lists            testing
  xuser_lists           NONE
  projects              NONE
  xprojects             NONE
  usage_scaling         NONE
  report_variables      NONE
  file unchanged

See queue_conf(5) and access_list(5), I think.