[GE users] accounting for interactive Jobs

rayson rayrayson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 17:15:51 GMT 2009

On 3/11/09, rue <rue at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:
> what parameters are need to get  accounting information for interactive
> Jobs?
> For qrsh (without parmeter) and qlogin i didn't get right accounting.

See: http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/qrsh_qlogin_ssh.html

- qrsh with a command establishes an rsh connection. SGE's rshd runs
on the execution side.

- qrsh without a command or qlogin does not use SGE's rshd, and IIRC
the system daemons are used, and thus you are not getting accounting
information from the system daemons.

To get accounting for interactive jobs, you can either:

1) configure SSH for qrsh and qlogin *AND* compile a tight SGE-SSH
integration enabled sshd:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/download/workshop10-12_09_07/SGE-WS2007-SecureSGEUsingKerberos5_DESY_WolfgangFriebel.pdf

Another integration implementation is also available:
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/download/workshop10-12_09_07/SGE-WS2007-openSSHTightIntegration_RonChen.pdf

2) SGE 6.2 has built-in interactive jobs support, and you get
accounting information for interactive jobs .

Rayson