[GE users] binaries for lx26-ppc?

ron ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 03:45:29 GMT 2009

--- On Thu, 2/26/09, cdwan <cdwan at bioteam.net> wrote:
> I got 6.2u1 binaries built from the source snapshot with a
> minimum of hassle.  A couple of small changes were needed:
>
> * edit aimk to add '-fno-strict-aliasing' to the
> CFLAGS
> * create symlinks in bin, lib, and utilbin so that lx26-ppc
> points to lx26-ppc64

I think using "-fno-strict-aliasing" to compile SGE is not specific to lx26-ppc, but it should have been fixed by other fixes.

Also, I checked in some changes so that building and installing SGE on lx26-ppc would be easier:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=35&dsMessageId=122677

If you have time to pull the latest cvs HEAD, give it a try on SLES 10!

 -Ron