[GE users] Running qmaster and execd on Same Host?

ron ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 12 04:09:25 GMT 2009

I am 100% sure that one can run qmaster and execd on the same host.

The problem you encountered may be due to the older installation's rc startup scripts. You may want to delete them if they are not in use anymore.

<A bit off topic>
IMO, our Mac startup scripts are a bit out-dated. We had some startup item scripts for earlier OSX versions. Then Apple switched to launchd, and we have not tested the launchd scripts from the BioTeam yet.

Would be great if people here can provide a definitive answer of "yes it works" or "no, xx does not work". If we can find a few YESes, then I will check the launchd scripts into cvs so that it will be included for the next release!
</A bit off topic>

 -Ron