[GE users] How to schedule a job to a specific node based on the group?

abercromby basingwerk at talk21.com
Thu Mar 12 10:05:17 GMT 2009

I've tested this suggestion now, and it works. I use ACLs (usersets), with an allow list (user_list) on one specific host and a deny list (xuser_list) on the rest. The allow list allows only installation jobs to run on the one specific host, while the deny lists stops them running on all the others.

I tried to create an override at global (qconf -me global) and queue (qconf -mq all.q) , but SGE always respects the deny list, not the allow list you put on the host. So I need to install many deny lists (one on each "normal" node), which is a pest. Has anyone had any success by putting a xuser_list on the global or queue level, and overriding it with a user_list at the host level? It doesn't seem to work, whatever I do.

Steve