[GE users] Detecting user activity on user node/eliminating condor?

prentice prentice at ias.edu
Thu Mar 12 13:12:42 GMT 2009

rayson wrote:

> As a workaround, you can set the default process priority of the queue
> to low. Another way is to only run jobs at night or when the users are
> not using the workstations (note that SGE can detect user activity,
> and when a user comes back, any running jobs can either be suspended
> or migrated)...
>
> Rayson

Rayson,

Can you please expand on this or point me to a location where I can find
more information on this?

We are planning on installing Condor to complement SGE for low-priority
serial jobs that can run on workstations, but if what you say is true, I
can just make the desktops execution nodes and setup a separate queue
for them.

--
Prentice