[GE users] environment variable length limitation

bloodangel1017 jzhang1988 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 21:42:44 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I m trying to use DRMAA to submit binary job in the format of "java -classpath classpath javaclass args". However because my classpath is a long string so i get the following exception:
Exception:org.ggf.drmaa.DeniedByDrmException: a path or filename may not exceed 1024 characters

Then i was hoping to pass the classpath into environment variable using DRMAA setjobenvironment method. but it seems there is still a limitation to the size of the environment variable.
(getjobenvironment returns less characters than the intended classpath).

So i m wondering if there a way i can get around this??

Thanks in advance
-Jack Z

--
Jie (Jack) Zhang