[GE users] Hints for qmaster running on a Sun X2200 server

hugo_hernandez hugo.hernandez at loni.ucla.edu
Fri Mar 13 00:26:13 GMT 2009

Hello there,
we are experiencing a DRMAA  issue we think is the cause for several GDI mismatch exceptions when the system is dealing with several jobs.   We are looking for the best way to turn our grid master to work.  Here are some specifications for it:

* Computer Model: Sun Microsystems X2200 M1 Server,
* Operating System: CentOS release 4.5,
* Kernel: 2.6.9-55.ELsmp (x86_64),
* Num. Processors: 8
* Memory: 16G,
* Swap: 12G
* Running Jobs avg.: 1200,
* Max. allowed jobs: 3000,
* SGE_ROOT:  a shared filesystem,
* SGE version: 6.2u1,
* Spooling method: Classic.

There is any suggestion/hint we have to consider within our qmaster to be implemented?

As a note, jobs submitted via command-line as working as expected by respect to the jobs submitted via DRMAA.

Many thanks,
-Hugo