[GE dev] Google Summer of Code? (2009)

hintak htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 16 17:17:16 GMT 2009

Oh dear... I didn't know the application window date is difficult to figure it out - otherwise I could have told you...

(I mentored one of the 8 projects under the Linux Foundation last year, so I am already subscribed to the GSoC-mentor list and had some e-mails when the application window opened. AFAIK the Linux Foundation GSoC admin handed in the application within the first 24 hours of the window. We talked about collecting project ideas over time in the last couple of months but there is really no time for review the actual application itself - the guy who applied last year just fill in the form and hand it in, *then* told us afterwards.

I just checked my wine-devel mailing list feed - the Wine people did the same thing - one of the wine guys just posted on the 2nd day of the window, saying "I have sent in an application this year")