[GE users] initialize environment failure

valentin valentin.ruano at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 11:28:48 GMT 2009

Mine is a "home edition" setup, my own quad, thus single machine with 4 processors 4 slot, single execution and master hosts are the same. I have a submission script that already do some submission control making sure that no more that 8 jobs are submitted at the time; thus the use of the "-sync y".

If your setup is rather a more standard institutional setup we could say that is probably not due to a load or node-number scaling issue. + for me the problem manifested on any single submission after first occurrence (100% failure). My intuition tells me that the error message could simply be misleading here as the actual cause may well be different in both scenarios.

Val.