[GE users] Tool to automatically convert PBS .qsub files.

muxecoid muxecoid at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 14:22:25 GMT 2009

What I want is an easy to use (even for non-technical people) solution that lets users execute their job abstracting the type of grid (PBS or SGE).

Is there a tool to automatically convert OpenPBS .qsub files to SGE format?

I thought of giving users two template files and small shell script that copies the template files and appends the user specified parameter (executable to run) at the end, but this approach does not "smell" good. On the other hand I can combine this with script with loop that allows to run a process several times for given range of parameter values.

What is the "good" way to do it?

To be honest I'm planing to install SGE instead of PBS only cause SGE is better documented, I could learn more and use PBS if it brings any significant advantage.

Links to non-tech-friendly qsub jobfile tutorials are welcome.