[GE users] Problem running load sensor in python

sumyee sum-yee.lai at hp.com
Tue Mar 17 15:26:51 GMT 2009

Hello,

I am running SGE6.2, and I have a problem with running a load sensor written in python.  The values written out by the load sensor doesn't seem to get "picked up" by SGE.  The python script echoes the following when I run it manually:

begin
cviant39.cv.hp.com:mem_free_s:1.2G
cviant39.cv.hp.com:mem_free_h:1.5G
end

Running qhost -F on cviant39 gives me:
   hf:mem_free_h=1.915G
   hf:mem_free_s=1.915G

Instead of using the mem_free_s and mem_free_h values printed out by the python script, Grid uses the maximum values set on the host.  When I run the same statements in bash or perl, Grid seems to pick up the values without problem.  Has anyone seen this problem before?

My python script (that doesn't work) is very simple:

#!/usr/bin/env python

import os

hostname = str(os.environ.get('HOSTNAME'))
print hostname + ":mem_free_s:1.2G"
print hostname + ":mem_free_h:1.5G"

Sum Yee Lai