[GE users] Named floating resources

iwagner isaac at wagnerfam.com
Tue Mar 17 17:33:18 GMT 2009

I've got a situation that I have not figured out how to solve.  I'd appreciate any help.

I work in the QA department of a company that builds routers.  I've created a cluster to use in my testing and all of the nodes in this cluster can reach any of the N routers attached to the cluster.  When I submit my jobs I also want to specify how many routers and which kind of routers I need for that job.  The problem I am having is that since these are discreet boxes and not generic unnamed resources like floating licenses I don't see how to use complex parameters to do what I want.  I need for the job to somehow get the name of the resource granted to it.

For example, if I have a router pool of:

router_a
router_b
router_z

I want to make the generic request to give me say 2 of those routers.  I need to know which two were allocated to me by name.  Make sense?

Does anyone know if SGE can be configured in such a way?

Thanks.