[GE users] weird upgrade issue

adary adary at marvell.com
Wed Mar 18 06:57:57 GMT 2009

Yesterday I upgraded my cluster from 6.2u1 to 6.2u2 following the standard upgrade procedure, and for some strange reason the local spool dir for all exec hosts was changed from my original value /export/home/local_sge_6.2 /export/home/<cluster_name>

The result was that execd didn?t start on any of the exec hosts after the upgrade. The fix was fairly easy (god bless sed ?i and qconf ?Mconf) but it took me a while to figure out why it happened.

Did anyone else experience something similar?

Yuval Adar, Marvell Israel - Senior UNIX System Administrator
Park Azorim, Kyriat Arie
Petah Tikva, 49527, Israel
Email: adary at marvell.com<mailto:adary at marvell.com>
Office: +972.3.9703958 - OnNet: 705.3958
Fax: +972.3.9704999
Mobile: +972.54.2493958
Web site: http://www.marvell.com<http://www.marvell.com/>

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone or by e-mail and delete the message from your computer.