[GE users] pe_hostfile : permission denied

amgastineau amgastineau at yahoo.fr
Wed Mar 18 08:30:17 GMT 2009

Hi all,

I have a cluster under Mac OS X 10.5.6 with gridengine 6.1u4.
Sometimes, I get the following error which disable the queue associated to the execution host.

03/13/2009 20:02:55|execd|andoyer1|E|can't start job "4196": can't open file /var/spool/sge.6.1u4/andoyer1/active_jobs/4196.1/pe_hostfile: Permission denied

This error occurs very randomly. Each spool directory is local to the execution host. The rights and owner on the directory seems to be good.
Because it works for about 99% of my jobs. These jobs doesn't use the parallel environment.

When this job is executed again by the gridengine, this error doesn't occur on the new execution host.

Does someone have the same error ?
How can I avoid that the queu will be disabled ?

Mickael,