[GE users] new video on new SGE 6.2u2 GUI installer

andy andy.schwierskott at sun.com
Wed Mar 18 10:27:53 GMT 2009

Hi,

with Sun Grid Engine 6.2 Update 2 we were adding a new GUI installer, a Java
based frontend to our still fully supported CLI installer.

Lubos (Lubomir) Petrik, one of the developers of this installer, created a
nine minute screencast which shows what the GUI installer does. This video
contains a lot of good hints how you can ensure a successfull installation.

   http://blogs.sun.com/lubos/entry/using_the_new_installer_in

Since the Beta we've made lot's of usability and robustness improvements to
the installer. The GUI installer bases on the open source software izPack
from http://izpack.org/

Getting SGE 6.2u2:

   http://www.sun.com/software/sge/

Regards,