[GE users] Named floating resources

iwagner isaac at wagnerfam.com
Wed Mar 18 13:02:52 GMT 2009

How do I add these resources to SGE?  I can't run the SGE daemons on them because they are routers.  So, they can't be compute nodes.  Once added to SGE how do I request them?

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 6:05 AM, olesen <Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com<mailto:Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com>> wrote:
> router_a
> router_b
> router_z

> I want to make the generic request to give me say 2 of those routers.
> I need to know which two were allocated to me by name.  Make sense?

> Does anyone know if SGE can be configured in such a way?

It looks to me like you actually have a parallel job (ie, multiple
slots/machines at once) even if you aren't actually using mpirun or
equivalent to run things.

If you setup and use a parallel environment, you can always get at the
exact machine names from the $PE_HOSTFILE contents - see qsub(1). You
might find the script under $SGE_ROOT/mpi/startmpi.sh provides a good
hint for extracting the names.

/mark

message from your computer.