[GE users] Where should I define SGE_ROOT?

dangruhn Dan.Gruhn at groupw.com
Thu Mar 19 12:21:19 GMT 2009

Both SGE_ROOT and SGE_CELL only need to be defined during installation.
You can set them in your environment or enter the values during the
installation process.  After that, both of these are embedded in the
scripts that are created.

That is, the qmaster startup script defines this variable for the
qmaster. The same thing happens for the execution daemon, the startup
script defines the values.

When your users run the proper settings script, e.g. ".
/$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/settings.sh", their environment will have
the proper SGE_ROOT and SGE_CELL defined for them by that script.

Dan