[GE users] Where should I define SGE_ROOT?

Thu Mar 19 13:58:35 GMT 2009

1.
The values need to be defined in your startup script(s). Even if you've
used the installation scripts, it could be that you'd like to relocate
your installation etc, in which case you need to adjust them by hand.
I don't know how your scripts are called, but I've named ours
'gridengine', Eg, in /etc/rc.d/gridengine near the top I have the
following lines:

SGE_ROOT=/opt/grid; export SGE_ROOT
SGE_CELL=default; export SGE_CELL
SGE_CLUSTER_NAME=augsburg01; export SGE_CLUSTER_NAME

The values must, of course, correspond to your installation. They should
also be identically with what you have in the
$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/settings.sh file.

Try running your "/etc/rc.d/gridengine start" with these changes.

2. If you wish the users to have access to the various binaries (eg,
qsub, qstat), you need to have the
$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/settings.sh file sourced for them. We've
found it the most convenient just to add a /etc/profile.d/grid.sh file
with these contents:

# ---------------------------------------------------------------
# /etc/profile.d/grid.sh
#
# GridEngine environment variables
#   - automatically selects between installations
if   [ -r /opt/grid/default/common/settings.sh ]
then    . /opt/grid/default/common/settings.sh
elif [ -r /opt/n1ge6/default/common/settings.sh ]
then    . /opt/n1ge6/default/common/settings.sh
fi

Of course, with paths corresponding to your installation.

/mark

message from your computer.