[GE users] Hints for qmaster running on a Sun X2200 server

rhierlmeier richard.hierlmeier at sun.com
Thu Mar 19 15:38:06 GMT 2009

Hi Hugo,

hugo_hernandez wrote:
> Hello there,
> we are experiencing a DRMAA  issue we think is the cause for several GDI mismatch exceptions when the system is dealing with several jobs.   We are looking for the best way to turn our grid master to work.  Here are some specifications for it:
>
> * Computer Model: Sun Microsystems X2200 M1 Server,
> * Operating System: CentOS release 4.5,
> * Kernel: 2.6.9-55.ELsmp (x86_64),
> * Num. Processors: 8
> * Memory: 16G,
> * Swap: 12G
> * Running Jobs avg.: 1200,
> * Max. allowed jobs: 3000,
> * SGE_ROOT:  a shared filesystem,
> * SGE version: 6.2u1,
> * Spooling method: Classic.
>
> There is any suggestion/hint we have to consider within our qmaster to be implemented?
>
> As a note, jobs submitted via command-line as working as expected by respect to the jobs submitted via DRMAA.

A DRMAA java application loads the native lib libdrmaa.so. It uses the env
variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH and/or the java system property java.library.path to
find this lib.
Please ensure that the java application uses the correct libdrmaa.so.

Richard

> Many thanks,
> -Hugo

Richard Hierlmeier           Phone: ++49 (0)941 3075-223
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: richard.hierlmeier at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg           http://www.sun.com/grid

Sitz der Gesellschaft: