[GE users] nice value, vitual memory limit and cpu time limit not taken into account

fboucher Florent.Boucher at cnrs-imn.fr
Fri Mar 20 18:17:45 GMT 2009

Dear SGE users,
following the suggestion of Reuti to use queues with higher priority
instead of subordinated ones, I have created two types of queues.
One is for long job : no cpu limit, can run on all the cluster, nice
value is high (low priority), vmlimit is 3Go

The other is for short jobs : 1h00 cpu limit, only 12 slot on all the
cluster, nice is 0 (highest priority), vmlimit is 500Mo

This short queue can run together with the long one even if the cluster
is fully loaded (I accept maxmimum 5 process for 4 cores for each node).

SGE version is 6.1u3 (not yet updated)

Actually, if I submit parallel mpi job, the memory limit, nice values,
and cpu limit are completely ignored.
On serial jobs (cpu and memory limit are effective).

Any idea where it could come from ?
Regards
Florent

| Florent BOUCHER                    |                                    |
| Institut des Matériaux Jean Rouxel | Mailto:Florent.Boucher at cnrs-imn.fr |
| 2, rue de la Houssini?re           | Phone: (33) 2 40 37 39 24          |
| BP 32229                           | Fax:   (33) 2 40 37 39 95          |
| 44322 NANTES CEDEX 3 (FRANCE)      | http://www.cnrs-imn.fr             |