[GE users] Integration of Intel MPI + SGE start_mpich2 issue

jstroik jstroik at ssec.wisc.edu
Mon Mar 23 15:41:07 GMT 2009

GE users,

I'm trying to use Reuti's guide for integration of MPI/SGE using Intel
MPI 3.2 and SGE 6.  Here's the guide:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/mpich2-integration/mpich2-integration.html

I'm having an issue with the start_mpich2 binary -- I get the error

----------------
usage: start_mpich2 [-n <hostname>] mpich2-mpd-path [mpd-parameters ..]

where: 'hostname' gives the name of the target host
----------------

Even when I connect to the host directly and enter what I believe to be
a properly formed command:

/opt/gridengine/mpich2_mpd/bin/lx26-amd64/start_mpich2 -n compute-1-8
/opt/intel/impi/3.2.0.011/bin64/mpd.py compute-1-8.local

This is the exact command the scripts execute themselves, and it gives
the same error.

Best,
Jesse