[GE users] Email notification for task arrays.

cdwan cdwan at bioteam.net
Tue Mar 24 15:58:13 GMT 2009

I'm working with a site who make heavy use of SGE, and have a number
of processes in place that we're trying to modernize.

We're converting some older scripts to use task arrays (rather than
foreach-wrapped qsubs).

The question of the moment is:  Is it possible to receive a single
email notification for completion of an entire task array.

My first instinct was to submit a second job "held" dependent on the
task array, and turn off mail notification from the task array.   The
email notification from that follow-up job fits my needs nicely.

I wonder if there is a better, or more standard way to do this without
the second job.

As usual, I apologize if this is common knowledge or easily google-
able.  My limited search didn't turn up a clear answer.

-Chris Dwan