[GE users] distinguishing between batch & interactive jobs for quota reasons

craffi dag at sonsorol.org
Wed Mar 25 02:06:41 GMT 2009

Hi folks,

I think I'm brain dead from too much travel currently. Has anyone had
to make a distinction between batch and interactive jobs for the
purpose of setting limits or quotas?

I've got a case where we are using qlogin and parallel environmenta to
block off a number of CPUs/jobslots that are then taken up by an X11
application launched within the qlogin session. We'd like to limit the
total number of slots used by qlogin users without affecting batch
jobs if possible.

I don't think RQS syntax can support job type language, correct? If so
I may have to make dedicate cluster queues for batch and interactive
job types so I can apply quotas differently across them.

-Chris